North River Arts Society is hiring for the following positions:
The North River Arts Society (NRAS), located in Marshfield, MA, is a 54 year old community arts organization focusing on all areas of the visual arts. NRAS currently seeks qualified candidates for a newly established part-time position of Executive Director. The Executive Director will contribute their energy, passion, and skills to represent and manage NRAS on many levels. They will interface with Board/Committee Chairs on marketing strategies, budgeting, and programming of all NRAS-sponsored events. They are expected to increase visibility and viability of NRAS in the community by developing and strengthening partnerships with donors and fund-raising ventures. The Executive Director will also manage two part-time staff positions. It is expected volunteers will provide administrative assistance as needed. This position is budgeted for an average of 25-30 hours a week. Hourly compensation commensurate with experience, reports to the President of the Board. Must pass Cori screening.
- Awareness of/familiarity with customer relationship management systems a plus or a strong willingness to learn capabilities.
- Non-profit management and marketing experience.
- Previous development experience (i.e. annual appeals and grant writing)
- Education programming experience and community development a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; self-motivated; yet works well with a variety of people and associated skill sets.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in standard computer software skills and knowledge of both Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
Key Strategy and Management Responsibilities
- Financial oversight (approvals, budgeting, manage expense and income targets)
- Work with the Finance Committee to establish an annual NRAS income and expense budget and specific income and expense targets for special events. (i.e., Festival of the Arts)
- Develop an annual fundraising strategy and supporting activities. (i.e. annual appeal, building, grant research, writing and submission, donor development, corporate sponsorships) with the Board.
- Will interface with the bookkeeper to obtain information necessary to complete financial goals.
Marketing and Communication
- Develop annual and quarterly marketing and communications goals.
- Oversee the development and implementation of advertising and marketing messages, strategies and activities for all aspects of NRAS with Board/Committee Chairs with the support of the Technical Specialist.
- Work with the Board/Committee Chairs to develop public relations activities and advertising related to exhibitions, opening receptions, and fundraising events, including the Annual Festival of the Arts.
- Work with Technology Specialist to plan, design and distribute messages on social media.
Educational and Event Programming
- Work with the Board/Education Committee to develop all areas of educational programming.
- Oversee in-person and online educational programs.
- Assist in identifying and contracting with existing and potential instructors.
- Work with the Arts Committee to identify programming and scheduling for exhibits and related events at NRAS and satellite locations.
- Manage the Annual Festival of the Arts.
- Coordinate with supporting committees (Festival, Arts, Education, Finance, Communication and Development.)
- Cori screening of personnel as required.
- Manage the activities of both the Technology Specialist and Bookkeeper staff positions.
- Manage Office Volunteers.
- Develop working relationships with Marshfield town resources on maintenance issues of NRAS buildings.
- Review/authorize all contracts and binding agreements with NRAS lawyer.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage for organization and events.
- Work with the Board/Committee Chairs on supporting NRAS volunteer program (including job descriptions, area of expertise, training needed, and CORI screening).
- Work with the Chairman on monthly board agendas, prepare reports as necessary.
- Work with the Chairman on Board and Committee development
- Generate ideas to promote activities and enhance NRAS presence in the community